Did you know that issues related to conceiving a child have been a problem for decades, and still persist in today's modern world, affecting 8-12% of couples worldwide? That's right, it's not just a rare occurrence. In fact, of all the cases reported, a staggering 40%-50% of them are due to male infertility. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as poor sperm motility, abnormal morphology, and low sperm count. (source)
But don't worry, there are options available beyond simply visiting a fertility clinic. Let's dive deeper into this topic and explore what can be done to address this widespread issue. After all, everyone deserves the chance to start a family.
Let’s start with Hormones
Have you ever wondered how your body communicates with itself? Well, meet hormones - your body's own chemical messengers! These tiny agents are produced by endocrine glands and travel throughout your bloodstream to reach every nook and cranny of your body.
Now, what do these little messengers actually do? A lot, actually! They help with digestion, metabolism, growth and development, body temperature regulation, thirst, sexual function, and even cognitive function. In short, they're like little superheroes running around inside of you, keeping everything in check.
The “Manly/Male hormones”: Let’s get to know them:
There are three male hormones that perform various functions. These include:
- Follicle stimulating hormone- Controls the production of sperm.
- Luteinizing hormones- Stimulates the testes to make testosterones.
- Testosterone- Hormones that regulate sex drive, bone mass, fat distribution, muscle mass and strength, production of sperm.
Now that we know the hormones that are secreted in a man for sexual functions, let us look at the common diseases that may occur in a man relating to sexual reproduction. Research shows that these are a few typical conditions faced by men. It can often be embarrassing to talk about it. However, please remember that you are not alone!
- Erectile dysfunction - Inability to sustain erection
- Premature ejaculation - Semen leaves the body too quickly
- Incapability to orgasm - Inability to achieve sexual climax
- Testicular dysfunction - Inability of the testes to produce hormones
- Semen and sperm disorders - Defects in the quality & quantity of sperm
- Impotency - Disorders of sperm no nil sperm counts
Causes and risk factors of male infertility:
The major factors contributing to gravidity include testicular failure, low sperm count, sperm agglutination, idiopathic infertility, varicocele, erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction, abnormal viscosity, endocrine disorder, high density of sperm, congenital abnormalities, and various other environment factors. Studies have shown that more than 50% of men are idiopathic. The causes for manly gravidity can be broadly classified into two: (Source)
Non Genetic Factors
These include previous exposure to diseases including diabetes, increased testicular temperature etc.
These include chromosomal abnormalities, azoospermia factor (AZF)- one of the proteins/genes, environmental factors such as exposure to heavy metals, pesticides, and other polychlorinated hydrocarbons. (Source)
There are various lifestyle impairments in men that cause infertility in them. In such cases we often end up wondering “What are the best foods to increase male fertility?” or even “How to increase sperm count?”. Continue reading to find out
Affects the testosterone and androgen hormone that inhibits the quality of semen.
Incorporating seafoods and nuts and oilseeds that are rich in Omega 3, vitamin A, D, E and K will aid in improving the quality of semen. Nuts and oilseeds that are rich in fibre, EFAs and minerals will benefit the quality of the sperm too.
Tobacco and smoking
Alters and reduces sperm production.
Ways to increase sperm requires us to incorporate plenty of green leafy vegetables and other superfoods in the diet. However, eating your greens may not always be as easy as it sounds.
Alcohol overuse reduces seminal quality, increases testicles damage and even reduces testosterone levels. All these together affect your libido (sexual desire).
Avoiding alcohol would reduce such effects. Following this up with a balanced diet along with a few supplements will help increase libido.
The Co Being POWER UP capsules is a unique blended formulation of Ashwagandha and Tribulus. This powerful combination will aid in improving the blood circulation thereby enhancing the testosterone function.
Decreases sperm count, motility, and morphology. Hence it is important to undertake a few measures to manage stress.
Stress management can be as simple as taking a walk in nature, meditating, exercising or spending time with friends and family.
The Co Being EASY PEACY, blend of Ashwagandha, Valerian, Chamomile, Guduchi helps to reduce the stress, its rich in antioxidants and calms down the mind, which gives restful sleep
Heat will lead to deteriorated sperm count, motility, and quality.
Taking breaks, wearing loose fitting underclothes, maintaining a cooler body temperature during hot summers can prevent overheating and keep up healthy sperm production.
Also maintaining a healthy diet by including cooling foods such as cucumber, buttermilk, tender coconut water etc. would help reduce heat in the body.
Consumption of drugs will also deteriorate the semen quality and loss of sexual desire. Hence, drugs are a strict no no to improve the fertility conditions.
If necessary, the patient may undergo de-addiction treatments and take professional help.
Radiation from electronic devices
The radiation from electronic devices decreases the semen quality and leads to oxidative stress.
Ways to overcome oxidative stress include adapting a few new lifestyle changes that included consumption of a few antioxidant supplements.
The Co Being EVER LIVER is a rich source of Indian gooseberry with Turmeric and other herbs which helps to detox the liver and enhances gut health.
Best Foods to Increase Fertility
There are a few foods that can be incorporated in the diet that will naturally increase gravidity and fertility. Let us have a look at how each of these foods have an effect These include:
- Sea foods - Most sea foods are a rich source of Omega 3 and several vitamins including A, D, E and K. These nutrients help improve the function of testosterone, blood circulation and the quality of semen.
- Fruits and vegetables -Fruits and vegetables comprise different parts of the plants from which they grow. Hence, they usually contain antioxidants, folic acid, lots of fibre and minerals. This aids the process of improving erection, quality of semen and therefore has proven to improve fertility.
- Nuts and seeds - The phytosterols, polyphenols and tocopherols present in most nuts and seeds benefit the quality of sperms.
- Whole grain products - A whole grain is the grain of a cereal that contains the endosperm, germ and bran. Since they aren’t refined, they contain good amounts of fibre, zinc and magnesium. These help in enhancing the functions of the reproductive organs.
- Lean diary and soybean - As we all are aware dairy products and soybean are the best sources of calcium and proteins respectively. These nutrients are important to intensify stamina and testicular functions.
- Olive oil, grape seed oil, sesame oil, groundnut oil -These particular oils are the best source of poly-unsaturated fatty acids (PUFA). PUFA is the healthiest source of fat. They increase blood circulation, thereby increasing stamina.
- Processed meat - Processed meats are commonly made from chicken, pork, beef and turkey. Though they are safe for consumption, they contain some saturated and trans fats. They boost sperm motility. However they must be consumed in moderation as high levels of trans fats might cause heart diseases.
- Greens - We cannot stress more on “Eat your greens!”. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and fibres. They improve the overall reproductive functions thereby increasing sexual desire.
Try out The Co Being GREEN MATTERS , a unique blend of amla, moringa, spirulina, and wheatgrass. Our combination of green veggies and fruits helps to enhance the immunity and balances the essential vitamins and minerals requirements of the individual needs.
Did you know there are two types of infertility?
Let’s learn the difference between Primary and secondary infertility:
Primary infertility is when a pregnancy has never been achieved by a person. Whereas secondary infertility is when at least one prior pregnancy has been achieved. Most cases have been primary infertility cases (73%). Secondary infertility can occur but isn’t too common (23%). The percentage of couples seeking treatment according to study is: (source)
- Less than a year- 34%.
- Between one to three years- 45%.
- More than three years- 21%.
Male reproductive system – Malfunction and treatments
Testes inability to produce hormones, hormonal imbalance or blockage in the duct system can be treated through a surgery, ICSI (Intra cytoplasmic sperm injection) or even through medicines and supplements. If you are looking for a safe trustworthy supplement your search ends right here! Introducing The Co Being ALPHERTYLE capsules- an exclusive formulation of Tribulus Root and Sida Cordifolia root extracts along with other essential vitamins and coenzymes. These capsules do wonders to improve the functioning of the male reproductive system and increase sexual desire to the optimum levels.
- Infertility is a significant medical condition in today’s modern world. It might be primary or secondary.
- The manly infertility is caused due to both genetic and non-genetic factors.
- There are a number of lifestyle impairments that men need to overcome/ avoid to reduce the risks of fertility.
- Maintaining a balanced diet along with supplements will ensure to enhance the reproductive system.
- Male reproductive malfunctions can be treated through different methods depending on the intensity.
If you're struggling with fertility issues, The Co Being INTIMATE WELLNESS products will help you in the best way. With its scientifically formulated ingredients and proven success, it's a safe and effective option for boosting sperm count, quality, and motility.
For FREE CONSULTATION, Book your Appointment with our Expert Dr! or
Whatsapp us on +91 9500775666 and don't let infertility stand in the way of your
dreams of parenthood.