Morning Breakfast for Weight Loss: Why is it Important? | What are the Benefits of Breakfast? | What are Some Good Options for Breakfast- Quick Healthy Breakfasts | Morning breakfast for weight loss: Takeaways
You’ve surely heard of the saying “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.” The essence behind that is the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day - it re-energizes and replenishes your body after a full night’s sleep and sets you going for the rest of the day. In an article published by BBC, it was highlighted that skipping breakfast makes people more prone to health risks. It is associated with 27% increased risk of heart disease and 20% and 21% higher risk of type 2 diabetes in women and men respectively.
Having a well-rounded morning breakfast for weight loss should be a go-to option if you’re trying to cut down on a few extra kilos. The three main breakfast nutrients - proteins, carbohydrates and fats - will keep you full for longer and reduce hunger pangs, thereby also helping you steer clear of junk food.
Considering this is the first meal you’re having in about 8-10 hours since the previous night’s dinner, it’s important to get your day off to a healthy start with clean food options and stay away from any sort of fried or oily food for breakfast. Are you a fan of hash browns and vadas for breakfast? Well, you can indulge in them now and then but just not every day.
Some of the most nutritious foods for breakfast include fresh fruits, eggs, oats, chia seeds, nuts and juices. Whether you’re on a keto diet or a low-fat diet or a vegan diet, the importance of breakfast remains unchanged. A nutritious breakfast provides you with all the energy and nutrients you need to charge your body and gives you a boost to kickstart your day.
Eat Breakfast Like a King - What’s the Deal?
Getting in that morning breakfast for weight loss does your body a world of good. It gets your metabolism going, gives your body a flush of energy and also helps in the most optimal absorption of nutrients.
If you’re on a diet and think skipping the morning breakfast will help you save calories, you’re wrong. Not having breakfast would in turn elevate your hunger levels and cause you to overeat around lunchtime. Not eating anything in the morning could also lead to acidity and weakness in the body, especially if you bank on just coffee to power you through the morning.
A morning breakfast for weight loss is the foundation for your day and all you need to ensure is that you pick the right options for your first meal. And the breakfast options for weight loss are truly unlimited. For example, a high protein vegan breakfast could be a smoothie bowl or overnight soaked oats, while a low carb breakfast could include a big omlette or fresh fruits with yogurt.
If you’re looking to shed some of that extra weight and want to stay lean, a healthy breakfast in the morning is the way to go.
What are the Benefits of Breakfast?
The benefits of breakfast in the morning are plenty. For starters, it wakes up your body with nutrients, kick-starts your metabolism, provides your body with fibre and helps keep you in shape.
- Reduces hunger pangs: A well-rounded breakfast with carbohydrates, fats and proteins will keep you in good stead and help you power through until lunchtime. This would reduce the need to munch on junk foods and save you from a bout of binge snacking.
- Increases metabolism: A morning breakfast for weight loss increases your metabolism and thereby makes it easy to burn fat throughout the day. Your morning breakfast wakes the body up from a starvation state and gives it a boost to get going.
- Better energy levels: One of the major benefits of breakfast is that it gives you much-needed vitamins and minerals, which fuel your body for the rest of the day. Not having breakfast would leave you feeling weak and tired and that would reduce your capacity to burn calories throughout the day.
To stay energised throughout the day, try our Daily Energy Combo, which contains the energy equivalent to a healthily balanced meal, plus it's also yummy.
- Keeps your blood sugar levels intact: Skipping breakfast could lead to a drop in your blood sugar levels, which would then make you want to chomp on some high-sugar foods. Including treats like berries and fresh fruits in your breakfast keep your blood sugar levels in check and this is among the biggest benefits of breakfast.
What are Some Good Options for Breakfast- Quick Healthy Breakfast Ideas
It’s hard to label one dish as the best morning breakfast for weight loss because there are so many options! From gluten-free breakfast to low-calorie breakfast and low-carb breakfast, here are some healthy breakfast ideas to indulge in for your first meal in the morning -
- Eggs on Toast: The classic. Eggs are an excellent source of the three major breakfast nutrients - protein, fats and carbs. Eggs as a whole are protein-rich, the yolks are a source of good fats and bread contains carbohydrates. You can also add vegetables to your eggs or have them with avocados on toast to increase the fibre quotient. Eggs are one of the best protein foods for breakfast. Eggs on toast is an ideal healthy breakfast for weight loss as it’s full of protein and takes only 10 minutes to make. This can also become a low calorie breakfast if you leave out the yolks and only eat the egg whites.
- Overnight Oats: Oats are one of the most nutritious foods and a good source of complex carbohydrates. Oats keep you full for longer because they take more time to digest. It’s as easy as putting oats in a jar, topping it up with yoghurt or milk, adding a few fruits and a sweetener like honey, and letting it rest overnight in the fridge. This works as a superb sweet treat in the morning and is also a great gluten free breakfast option.
- Sweet Potato Toast: This is a high-protein vegan breakfast which also doubles up as a low carb breakfast. You slice your sweet potatoes and bake them before topping them with eggs or vegan cheese or avocados or anything else that works for you. This is also a gluten-free breakfast and one of the best morning breakfasts for weight loss.
- Greek Yogurt: A bowl of Greek yoghurt with berries, fruits and nuts and berries is a scrumptious breakfast option. Greek yoghurt is among the best protein foods for breakfast and also helps in improving your gut health. Furthermore, it’s a fantastic low-carb breakfast and keeps you satiated for long hours. Nuts and seeds are also good breakfast options for weight loss.
- Smoothies: Not a fan of eating a meal in the morning? Smoothies are your best friends then. Pick your favourite ingredients, such as fresh fruits, berries, some milk, oats/chia seeds and blitz them all together for a nutritious breakfast. A key point to note is to stay away from high-calorie ingredients such as peanut butter, which could easily turn a healthy smoothie into a calorie-dense one.
If you're still seeking an easier way to acquire all of the necessary nutrients and components of a balanced diet, try our Green Matters tablet. It contains the goodness of 16 super foods like vegetables, greens, and adaptogens while also providing you with energy throughout the day.
You might also be interested to know about some superfoods that make life better!
Morning Breakfast for Weight Loss: Takeaways
A solid breakfast in the morning will set the tone for the rest of your day. Choosing a well-balanced morning breakfast for weight loss will get your day off to a healthy start and help you on track, especially by keeping you fuller for longer so that you don’t fall prey to junk food.
Don’t miss out on the importance of breakfast - skipping breakfast would do you more harm than good and derail you from your mission to lose weight. The benefits of breakfast include increasing your body’s metabolism, curbing your hunger pangs, improving your energy levels and keeping your blood sugar levels intact. Irrespective of whether you’re following a gluten-free diet or a keto diet, there are a plethora of options for morning breakfast for weight loss, simply pick one that sounds tasty to you. Enhance your journey with The Co Being’s weight loss management products now!