As the years gracefully pass, many of us seek the secret to maintaining youthful vitality and radiant skin. Thankfully, nature has bestowed upon us a remarkable ally- “Collagen”, the most abundant protein in our body. This plays a crucial role in keeping our skin supple , our joints flexible and our bones strong. However, as we age, our natural collagen production begins to decline, leading to visible signs of aging and potential joint discomfort. But fear not, for science and wellness have joined together to help us in this endeavor. By incorporating collagen into our lives, whether through diet, supplements or even skincare, we can unlock the secret to graceful and fine aging.
In India, a significant proportion of individuals, ranging from 60% to 70%, begin to experience signs of aging between the ages of 25 and 35. Among those who exhibit accelerated aging, 24% fall within the 25-35 age group. Furthermore, approximately 25% of individuals in the age ranges of 36-45 and 46-55 also display signs of accelerated aging.
As we age, one of the initial signs that becomes apparent on the face is the presence of fine lines or wrinkles. These can commonly appear on the forehead, jawline, and around the eyes, drawing our attention to the visible effects of the aging process.
Facial aging, primarily characterized by changes in facial structure, is primarily attributed to the loss of volume in fat deposits, resorption of skeletal structures, and the redistribution of skin and soft tissues. (Source)
What Is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein that is naturally produced by the body and is a major component of connective tissues such as skin, bones, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. It is the most abundant protein in the human body, comprising approximately one-third of the total protein content.
Collagen provides structural support, strength, and elasticity to various tissues and organs. It forms a fibrous network that gives tissues their structure and helps them withstand stretching and pressure. Collagen is also responsible for maintaining the integrity and firmness of the skin.
Marine collagen is the most effective source of collagen, obtained from fish collagen peptides. It is renowned for being the most bioavailable and highest-quality source of collagen currently accessible in the market.
Different Types Of Collagens
There are five main types of collagens and what they do are:
- Type I. This type makes up 90% of your body’s collagen. Type I is densely packed and used to provide structure to your skin, bones, tendons and ligaments.
- Type II. This type is found in elastic cartilage, which provides joint support.
- Type III. This type is found in muscles, arteries and organs.
- Type IV. This type is found in the layers of your skin.
- Type V. This type is found in the cornea of your eyes, some layers of skin, hair and tissue of the placenta.
Marine collagen is abundant in type I collagen, absorbs faster and more easily than other types of collagen, it is best for skin, hair, nails and strengthening of bones when compared with Bovine(to avoid consuming artificial growth hormones and excessive antibiotics) and other plant-based collagen. In fact plant-based collagen contains no collagen, but provides nutrients that help in collagen production in your body.
What Happens To Collagen As We Age?
As we grow older, our body's natural production of collagen diminishes, resulting in a reduction in skin elasticity, joint flexibility, and other noticeable signs of aging. Additionally, external factors such as prolonged sun exposure, smoking, and an inadequate diet can further accelerate collagen degradation, exacerbating these effects. Taking care of our collagen levels and addressing these contributing factors can play a crucial role in maintaining youthful skin and overall health.
What Are The 4 Signs Of Ageing Skin?
1. Skin Sagging
It refers to the loss of firmness and elasticity in the skin, leading to a drooping or sagging appearance. It is a natural part of the aging process and can be influenced by various factors including,
- Decreased collagen and elastin production in the body
- Loss of fat and muscle mass
- Sun exposure
- Lifestyle factors
2. Skin Pigmentation
It refers to the color or pigment present in the skin. It is determined by the amount and distribution of a pigment called melanin, which is produced by specialized cells called melanocytes.
- Hyper Pigmentation - It is a prevalent skin condition that results in certain areas of the skin becoming darker than others. This occurs due to an excess production of melanin, leading to the appearance of spots or patches in various shades like brown, black, gray, red, or pink.
- Hypo Pigmentation - When certain areas of your skin have a lighter color than the surrounding skin, it is due to a decrease in melanin production by the skin cells in those specific areas.
Note - In general these areas are usually not painful or itchy, they can cause self-consciousness in affected individuals.
3. Fine Lines And Wrinkles
Having less collagen and elastin means we lose firmness and so skin becomes susceptible to fine lines and wrinkles. These can appear on our face, hands, and neck, and can be very minimal or get deeper over time.
- Loss of skin moisture
- Reduction in subcutaneous fat
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors
- Hormonal changes
4. Skin Dullness
dullness refers to a lack of radiance, brightness, and vitality in the skin. It can make the skin appear lackluster, tired, and less vibrant. Several factors contribute to skin dullness:
- Dead skin cell buildup
- Poor blood circulation
- Stress or anxiety
Introducing The Co Being Marine Collagen Peptides - a potent blend of naturally derived marine collagen from Cod fish scales, fortified with grape seed extract, green tea extract, Vitamins A, C, E, biotin, and lycopene. Our cutting-edge formula ensures rapid absorption for effective cellular health, providing superior skin protection, healthy hair growth and a youthful appearance. Embrace timeless beauty today!
The Co Being Marine Collagen Peptides - Achieving youthful and radiant skin is a result of a comprehensive approach that starts from within. By incorporating marine collagen into your daily routine, you can effectively restore and boost collagen levels, leading to a vibrant and radiant glow. This incredible benefit applies to individuals of all ages, making it a valuable addition to any skincare regimen. Embrace the power of marine collagen and unlock the potential for healthier, more luminous skin.
What Can I Do To Improve Skin Collagen Loss And Slow The Signs Of Aging?
- Marine collagen supplement
- Avoid smoking and alcohol
- Regular exercise
- Healthy diet with essential nutrients
- Protect from harmful sun rays
When you get exposed to harmful sun rays, your skin might get a suntan, sunburn, premature ageing or skin dryness. To protect your skin from harmful sun rays use effective sunscreen which keeps your skin hydrated and prevents harmful UV rays and blue lights. The Co Being On The Go Sunscreen Spray - The blend of black currant bud, orange, cucumber, tulsi, turmeric and somaraj extracts to prevent skin against the harmful effects of UV rays, blue lights and keeps you fresh all through the day.
- In India, a significant percentage of individuals in India (60%-70%) start experiencing signs of aging between the ages of 25 and 35, with a notable portion exhibiting accelerated aging.
- As we age, the production of collagen naturally decreases, leading to reduced skin elasticity, joint stiffness, and other signs of aging. Factors like sun exposure, smoking, and poor diet can also contribute to collagen degradation.
- Aging skin may exhibit signs such as skin sagging, pigmentation changes, fine lines and wrinkles, loss of skin moisture, loss of bone density, and skin dullness.
- To slow down the signs of aging and improve collagen loss, it is recommended to consider collagen supplements, protect the skin from harmful sun rays, avoid smoking and excessive alcohol consumption, engage in regular exercise, and maintain a healthy diet.
- Marine Collagen Peptides is a specially formulated blend designed to promote cellular health, quickly absorb into the body, and provide effective protection against skin aging, helping achieve a youthful appearance.
If you are confused on selecting the right supplement to support healthy aging, Book your FREE CONSULTATION with our Expert Dr! or WhatsApp us on +91 9500775666 to schedule your consultation right away!