Every shampoo ad seems to think that hair loss is a woman’s problem alone. Actually, hair loss can be an issue for anyone with hair! That might sound quite hopeless but fear not. There is hope. The first step to tackle this is understanding the science behind hair growth and causes of hair loss. Join us on this journey to regain your crown of confidence!We will focus not only on taking proactive steps to regain this crown of glory, but also on maintaining its overall health. Let's break it down for you with some hair care tips!
What is Hair Loss?
Male and female pattern hair loss, also known as androgenetic alopecia, is a progressive condition that typically affects specific areas of the scalp. And it is quite common! Its prevalence was 67.1% in men and 23.9% in women, by the age of 50 years (Source).
In men, pattern hair loss usually starts with a receding hairline at the temples and thinning at the crown. Over time, these areas may expand, leading to significant hair loss on the top of the head. For women, pattern hair loss involves hair thinning on the centre of the scalp. The hairline is typically preserved, but the decreased density leads to a widening part and overall thinning of the hair.
The causes of hair loss, including the onset of pattern hair loss can vary but often begins after puberty. Genetic factors play a significant role as causes of hair loss as well, influenced by both male and female hormones, particularly dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Other causes of hair loss such as age, hormonal changes, and certain medical conditions may also contribute.
We understand that hair loss can have a negative impact on an individual's quality of life and self-image. Fortunately, there are various remedies available, including medications like minoxidil and finasteride, and hair transplant procedures (Source). However, we will guide you through some hair care tips at home as well!
Some Remedies for Hair Loss
With proper hair management, you can reclaim a healthy head of hair and cut down the causes of hair loss. Here's some hair care tips:
- Professional: Consult a healthcare professional or dermatologist to identify the root cause of your hair loss and explore suitable treatment options.
- Nourish from Within: Maintain a balanced diet rich in nutrients like iron, zinc, and vitamins D3 and B12 to support healthy hair growth. The Co Being HSN+ supplement for hair is recommended if deficiencies are detected.
- No stress for tresses: Implement stress-management techniques to manage stress, like exercise, meditation, or therapy, to reduce the impact of stress-related hair loss.
- Treat Infections: Address any fungal infections on the scalp promptly through appropriate medical treatments. The Co Being LUSH LAYERS - Onion Hair Oil is the perfect hair treatment to eliminate fungal infection.
- Handle with Care: Avoid excessive use of styling tools, harsh chemicals, and frequent washing or drying, as these can damage your hair. Embrace more gentle and natural hair care routines.
- Medication Attention: If you're taking medications known to cause hair loss, discuss alternatives with your healthcare provider, if possible.
How to prevent hair loss
Here’s some manageable hair care tips.
Do's, hair care tips at home:
- Use lukewarm or cool water for washing. Hot water can strip away natural oils and lead to dryness.
- Massage your scalp with lukewarm oil. The benefits of oiling hair include stimulating blood flow and promoting healthy hair growth.
- Trim your hair regularly to get rid of split ends and maintain its overall health.
- Use a gentle microfiber towel when towel-drying your hair and pat dry instead of rubbing vigorously.
- Use heat protection serum before hair styling. This helps improve hair strength and prevents hair fall to give your hair a break from excessive heat styling.
- Eat vitamin-rich foods like green leafy vegetables, seeds and nuts, carrot, citrus fruits or take supplements for hair such as The Co Being STRAND STRONG.
- Don’t let chlorine water damage your hair while swimming. Use a swim cap.
- Don’t pick shampoos with sulphate in them.
- Avoid frequent chemical and heat treatments such as excessive hair colouring, hair styling, or relaxers. They can weaken and damage hair.
- Don’t wash your hair immediately after removing a hairstyle. Grease it with coconut or olive oil and then wash it with a suitable shampoo. This helps maintain scalp health and gives a conditioning effect.
- Excessive stress or illness can lead to hair loss. Follow a proper Hair Growth Routine and use techniques to manage stress to reduce hair fall gradually.
Don't tie hair tightly with elastic bands or accessories at bedtime. Especially ones that can pull and break your hair.
Hair Pack at home: Nutrient-rich goodness
How to prevent hair loss at home? By going back to your hair roots! Homemade recipes are wonderful remedies for hair loss. So pick a hair pack at home from the options, and go beyond the benefits of oiling hair.
- Coconut+Curry: Take 250ml of coconut oil and 200gms of curry leaves (cleaned, washed and dried). Heat the oil, add curry leaves, stir well and boil for 10 mins. Filter the oil and apply it to the hair and scalp.
Prevents premature greying and hair fall and promotes hair growth,
- Flower Power: Take an equal proportion of hibiscus and henna. Add some water and blend it to a fine paste. Apply to hair and scalp.
Nourishes roots, and prevents hair fall and premature greying.
- Curd Cover: Take a cup of curd, mix a few drops of lemon juice and apply it to the hair and scalp.
Nourishes the scalp, prevents scalp infection and gives a glossy finish!
- Eggcellence: Use an egg white on your hair and scalp.
Nourishes the root and prevents hair fall.
- On-ionic: Crush the onion and squeeze the juice apply on the scalp
Prevents hair loss and premature greying.
- Fenugreek God: Soak the fenugreek paste in water overnight, grind to fine paste with rice washed water and apply to the scalp
Aids growth and makes hair soft and shiny..
The Co Being Hair and Skin Care products will help with hair and scalp issues in the best way. With our scientifically formulated ingredients and proven success, it's a safe and effective option for hair growth, preventing hair loss and scalp infections.
- Hair loss can affect both men and women, with male and female pattern hair loss being the most common causes of hair loss.
- A balanced diet rich in nutrients like iron, zinc, and vitamins D3 and B12 supports healthy hair growth.
- Excessive use of styling tools, harsh chemicals, and frequent washing or drying can be one of the many causes of hair loss.
- Consider homemade nutrient-rich hair packs using ingredients like coconut oil, curry leaves, hibiscus, henna, curd, lemon juice, egg white, onion juice, and fenugreek for nourishing and promoting hair growth.
- Seek professional help from a healthcare professional or dermatologist to identify the root causes of hair loss and explore suitable treatment options.
For FREE CONSULTATION, Book your Appointment with our Expert Dr! or
Whatsapp us at +91 9500775666 and don't let your hair issues reduce your confidence.